Thursday 26 February 2015

REVIEW - OXO TOTS




So the time has come to wean my little girl Ella, she is 20 weeks today and I was going to hold off to the recommended age of 6 months, but she is constantly hungry.

Today was the perfect time to start as my little boy Charlie is at pre school for the whole day and it really does give me time to spend with Ella and give her the attention she needs.

Weaning is such a big step for any parent, to go from making bottles of formula or breastfeeding to adding meals does make it all a little bit more complicated to start.

Over the past few weeks I have been stocking up on different types of puree in pouches everytime I go shopping. With Charlie I blended everything from scratch, but now having a toddler around the house, my time is taken up with him.

I have also been on the look out for weaning equipment, Ella needed everything from scratch as most of Charlies equipment was well used or stained.

When I was kindly sent a divided feeding dish and soft silicone feeding spoons from OXO I couldnt wait to try them out. I dont think you know how exciting little things like this are until you have babies!!




OXO is well known for its cooking, household and office tools, and also their baby and toddler products, they do everything from bowls, cutlery, storage and cups. All come in a gorgeous green, boyish blue and girly pink.

The divided feeding dish is great, I have never used a divided dish and as I have only just started weaning Ella I only used one side, but can imagine when shes eating little meals it will be nice to have them separated. Each side is big enough to contain 2.5oz of food which is plenty enough to feed little tums.

The bowl is designed for easy use to hold, and the lid comes in two parts, one is used as a ring to remove excess food of the spoon and the other is the lid for storage.




The bowl is also microwavable, and dishwasher safe! perfect for us busy mummies.



The spoons come in packs of two, and have a silicone coating which is nice and gentle on the babies gums, especially if they are teething. The spoons are shallow enough to put a tiny bit of puree on and easy to use with the long handle. Ella enjoyed sucking off the spoon, it seemed alot easier than using the normal plastic weaning spoons which seem to make such a mess. As you can see she loved her first taste, and hardly any mess.




OXO is not normally a brand I would choose for baby items, but I am very impressed with the quality of the items. I will continue to use the dish and spoons and will last her for quite sometime into her toddler years. I love the look of the sippy cups and cutlery for Charlie, may have to invest in some soon!

You can purchase these items and see the full range here OXO baby and toddler feeding products

What are your thoughts on the items, do you have any recommendations for me? Leave me a comment, at the bottom of the page


Claire






No comments:

Post a Comment